As the summer is here and things are starting to heat up I figured I'd investigate as to why my AC has started blowing out the defrost, and floor vents, but won't switch to the front vents.
Now I know by default if the programmer is not receiving vacuum it will default to this, so I decided to try to figure out where it was not getting vacuum , if that is indeed the problem.
I disconnected the purple hose where it connects to the black one, and started the car, and verified there is vacuum, I do not have a gauge to tell if it is sufficient, but I do not it feels fairly strong.
Let me include the link that I used to assist me.
A/C Service Tech Tip: How to redirect the cooled air in late model GM cars
With that article I see they got one thing wrong, the nut going to the vacuum connector on the programmer is 7mm, and not 8mm.
Below is a picture of what I am having a problem removing.
I got this nut off and for the life of me could not figure out how to "easily" remove this connector, it refused to come off easily though, and I am afraid of breaking it if I am too forceful.
Does just the clear part that you can see with the hoses on it come off of there, or does the small black part surrounding the connector come off with it?
See this next picture, it is an opened up programmer, looking at this it looks like the black part in question is still attached to the programmer, so am am guessing carefully wiggling the clear connector with hoses on it until it comes off is how you do it.
Anybody know for sure?
Never mind, I just noticed in pic 4 that it appears only the clear part of the connector comes off, the black part stays attached to the programmer.
I guess I'll try again to remove it later on when it is a bit cooler, it is a pain in the back to lay down and loop up in there at it..
If anybody has any suggestions as how to easier remove the connector let me know.
Also if anybody has info on how to remove the whole programmer I could use it, as I have a feeling if I am ever going to fix whatever the problem is I am going to have to remove it, and most likely get some 1/8-inch vacuum hose to repair the existing programmer, as that is the only method most likely suited to my current budget.
I know I should verify vacuum pressure first to see how much vacuum I have, but I am fairly sure the vacuum is fine, as I do have it, I replaced ever soft hose connected to anything vacuum related recently.
If and when I do find the issue, and repair it, I will be sure to get some pictures, that way others do not have the same questions as I have right now.