I have a new GXP with 7000 miles on it (since June '04).
It'* due for an oil change (well, overdue IMHO, but system monitor says 30% oil life)
It also has a few problems:
1. Driver door speaker is either loose or blown. Rattles on base freqs. I've never cranked the volume past 3-4 bars so I think something is just loose.
2. HUD sometimes shakes on LA'* sh*t freeways, I think it'* loose
3. Driver door has another small but annoying rattle
4. There is some cable harness hanging too low just over the gas pedal, I often bump it making me nervous.
5. The passanger side-view mirror often points 'down' when unlocking the car with keychain remote. I have to lock and unlock a couple times to get it to go back to my saved orientation.
The problem is, where can I take it to get these fixed? I live in Santa Clarita, CA and am not thrilled with the local GM dealer (Parkway - had bad sales experience with them and bad service experiences with others in that "Auto Mall"). Plus, they may not have much experience with GXP/Northstar. I do NOT want to get into the "theres a strange new problem 3 weeks after each visit to the service center" mode.
Rattles drive me nuts so I want to be sure that whoever fixes the speaker (i.e. pulls the door apart) does it right to elliminate the rattles, not create a dozen new ones that will make me hate driving the car!
I bought the car in Ventura since they were the closest dealer that had one (and I mean ONE!) when I decided to buy. They seemed really good, but it'* too far to drive (50-60 miles) for normal maintenence.
Can/should I take it to a Cadillac dealer? Will they treat it better than a Pontiac dealer?
Does anyone know a good/reliable/trustworthy GM service center in my area?
sigh. I hate the thought of shady service depts screwing up (intentionally or otherwise) my new GXP and causing repeated service visits
any thoughts/recommendations appreciated...