Hey everyone. Thanks so much for posting responses to this. Life got in the way for awhile (I am sure we all have had that happen) but here I am a year last and I finally did my brakes. I figure I would post my thought in the hopes someone else finds it as useful as I found your posts as well. Also because I am not the type to post in a forun and not contribute back!
I bought my bake pads from Discount Auto Parts
. They stocked Bendix brakes (which were premo pads back in the day). I originally ordered Fronts from there to but they were out of stock. They automatically credited me for the pads, and didn't pull the ole switcheroo and ship me something I didn't ask for. I would order from them again. I ended up getting front ceramic pads from a local Auto Parts store.
I bought rotors from R1Conepts on eBay. I am not sure if anyone has used these before, but I am on about a month with them, and they are great so far. So i would recommend them as well. I of course cleaned them up real good with brake cleaner before installation
As far as the actual labor, it was a mixed bag. I had a real difficult time with Jacking up the car. I didn't want to use the bottle jack that came with the car. In hind site it would have save me some headaches. I used a regular floor jack and messed up the pinch weld behind my wheel. You cant see it unless you look under the car, but still it was a newbie mistake. Once the car was up I found a better spot after identifying the suspension arm.
The assembly of the from Brakes was really easy, just like you said. I had difficulty getting the caliper mounting bolts off, but I found an 8" piece of conduit that i used as a cheater bar and was able to get them off. Everything else on the front was a breeze. Pads snapped out. I lubed the caliper pins, and used a C clamp and an old brake pad to push the caliper pistons back in place after I removed the cap to my brake fluid reservoir.
The old rotors were rusted to the wheel hub, so they needed some heavy persuasion with a hammer to get them off. I sanded off the rust and put some anti seize compound on them to help with future changes. I snapped the new pads back in place and I was in business.
The rear rotors were much the same but at the same time a bit different. There was one one bolt holding the caliper on, so I removed it and pivoted the caliper so that I could remove the pads. The Mounting bolts were again a pain so the cheater bar became my best friend. The rear calipers only had one piston. This piston couldn't be compressed using the C clamp. I figured out that you actually have to "screw" the piston back into position. I imagine there is a special tool for this. I managed to work it back using the fork end of a 3/8" wrench.
Well that'* about it. a story a year in the making. Thanks again to everyone that gave me input.