Your reference to valet mode tells me you have a remote start system. Is that correct?
To remove the remote start system from valet mode there are two different procedures (depending on which method you used to get it INTO valet mode).
To put the system out of Valet mode using the KEY (Ignition Valet Mode):
1. Insert the ignition key into the ignition switch. Within 10 sec., turn the key 5 times
successively into the IGNITION/RUN and OFF positions.
2. The parking lights will flash twice.
3. Turn the ignition OFF.
4. The LED on the antenna will flash quickly to indicate that the vehicle is now out of Valet mode.
5. The V icon will disappear on your LCD remote if LOCK or UNLOCK button is pressed.
To put the system out of Valet mode using the TRANSMITTER (Remote Valet Mode):
• Press the LOCK and (LIGHTNING - START/STOP) buttons simultaneously until the parking lights flash 2 times or until the V icon disappears from your LCD remote.
• The LED on the antenna will flash quickly to indicate that the vehicle is now out of Valet
The system will warn you if someone attempts to remote start the vehicle while in Valet Mode:
The parking lights will:
Turn ON then OFF; then Flash twice.
2001 Bonneville SSEi (retired at 365,000 Kms.)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (yes, I know its not a GM)