About to tear into the car and see what'll fit where, but in the meantime, I did a little restoration.
What they looked like AFTER cleaning. Notice the rust coming through. I wire brushed gently to remove what I could before painting:
After cleaning, mask 'em up (tweeters removed from underneath):
Testing cans of primer for proper color:
Chose the duplicolor, and here it is after priming:
After clearing with Duplicolor epoxy wheelcoat (left over from slick rims):
These should be ready for install in about 2 hours.
The funny thing I've noticed since browsing through the schematics is that even the FRONT channels go through the amp. Still trying to figure that one out, time to dig deeper in the FSM'*. I'll do it right. If they need to go through there, then they will. Looks like the SSEi factory amplified system ALSO amplifies the front speakers. So it adds 4 coils, and boosts the WHOLE thing.
In addition, I'm going to have to so some cutting on the rear deck for these larger covers and tweeters. There won't be any going back.