To get the doors off there is a procedure in the techinfo area, common problems, and also i did it today!
1) remove the black plastic piece witht he mirror adjuster, and control light. the bottom part is held with a trim clip that can be pulled in or out, it may not seem like it, but it does.
The top has a piece that goes up, and you can push down on it with a screwdriver where it enters the door to pull it. Remove the big socket bolt behind it, and pull the wiring harnesses out from behind the door (they're there trust me)
2) remove the lighting strip, the clear one. push a small screwdriver in the backside of the assembly, and pry it out. You don't need to remove the bulbs, it'* got a wiring harness that attatches to it, and not the bulbs. Remove the two socket bolts behind the light area.
3) remove the screws around the speaker area if still there.
4) pop the black piece out from behind the door opening handle with a flathead screwdriver. Behind it is a Torx t-15 bolt holding he larger black plastic piece in place. Remove that bolt as well. Pull the "locking" slider off of the rod now. It takes a lil jimmying, but it comes off of a wire clothes hanger type of rod pretty easily. YOU must do this.
5) start pulling the panel clips out. they should re-use just fine, and just pull out on the door. Pulling up and out helps too at the end. make sure you can hold the panel while you remove the connections and harnesses once it is out.
'06 Vee Dub GTI 2 door Tornado Red
- 2.0 Turbocharged, Intercooled, Direct Injected, 6 Speed DSG, Underbody Aero, 17" Classix
- Moonroof, Bi-Xenon headlamps, Interlagos Plaid Sport Seats, 6 Disc In-dash, iPod integration, GTI Monster Mats (winter)
'93 Bonneville SE Purple Pearl H4U package - picked up June 23, 2003, Traded-in June 28, 2007...