Originally Posted by j_hosch99
if it was really a bad fuse tho would you hear a shock noise when you plug the power into the amp?
No, you shouldn't.
Here'* what I would do...
Measure the voltage on the terminals AT THE AMP to make sure you have somewhere in the range of about 12.9 - 14.0 volts. If you don't, either there is a poor connection or your battery has run down. You may (and with adequate ventilation) want to run the car to ensure you have adequate power. Always keep it in PARK with the park brake set.
Then, if there is adequate voltage on those terminals I would connect the 'REM' terminal to the 'BATT' terminal with a fused wire and see if the POWER LED illuminates. 1 - 2 amp fuse size should be adequate.
I understand what you said about connecting in your friends car, but I only have the manufacturers manual to go by. As I said before, it states this must be connected or the POWER LED won't illuminate.