Originally Posted by WilliamE
I am not sure if yours will have a lock on it if you get one from a scrap yard, but if it does this may work to unlock it.
If your display on your stock Declo electronics radio is reading "LOC" This means Theftlock has activated.
This happens if your battery is drained, or disconnected. In order to fix this just do the following.
1) Go to your radio, hold down presets 2 and 3 for around 5-10 seconds, write down the 3 digit code that comes up.
2) Hit the AM-FM button within 15 seconds of the first step, another 3 didgit code will pop up, also write this one down. (If you mess up just start over)
3) Now that you have this 6 digit code, call 1-800-537-5140 (Have a pen ready to write down your unlock code)
4) When the recording begins press 106010 then *
5) The recording will then ask for your 6 digit code, enter your code followed by *
6) It will give you a 4 digit unlock code. (Write this down!)
7) Go back to your radio.
8- Press the MN button (Located under your display)
9) 000 will come up.
10) Press HR (to the left of the MN button) to make the fist two digits change.
11) Press MN to change the second two digits.
12) Use steps 10 and 11 to make your display agree with the code you were given by the recording. Hit the AM-FM button.
13) Your radio will now no longer read "LOC" but will be fully functional.
I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix V6, 3800 Series ll. And my rear passenger side speaker will only work every once in awhile. Most of the time it dont. I connected it to the other side and it works fine.
I just read this before I go to work. And I haven't pulled the radio out yet, which is the stock radio.
But I'm interested about this lock code that you talked about. Since buying the car used from my sister in law about 7 years ago, the display light on the radio only shows a orange background color. And I had the radio channel show a few times, when I noticed with having the sunroof open and it seems that the sun reflects off the glass of the sunroof and shine on the display. And then when I'm out of the sun'* path then it do sent show the radial channel.
But then the other morning after I drove a hour down the highway to my doctor appointment. When I came out and started the car, I noticed the radio channel showed up with a dark black numbers just like it should show. (The other times it showed from the sun the numbers were dim). So I turned the car back off to write down some notes from my appointment for about 15 minutes. And when I restarted it to leave I noticed the radio channel disappeared. And hasn't been back on.
I'm wondering if this lock mode you explained the steps to would fix this.
About 3 years ago when I moved, I lost my keyfob, and with it being a small apartment complex I was worried I might of dropped it and anyone could of picked it up and started walking around the parking lot while clicking the trunk release to find my car and I have a lot of my fishing poles in the trunk. So the car also had a automatic start put on before I bought it. So I looked online to see if I could program the auto start keyfob tolock and unlock the doors since it has buttons for them. So I took a fuse out and did the steps I found online and could only get the unlock button to work. Then I put the fuse back in and wenton my way..
I do notice if I have a CD playing in the radio and after I turn the key off, that I can still hear the CD spinning infill I open the door.
Any advise would be very much appreciated. And is there a way you could either send me a message or email me 2 steps on how to do that lock code for that stereo. I tried to copy and paste it but it won't let me on here. But I have to head out for work. Thanks