OK OK, here are some pics..
Crappy weather today but the pics came out alright.
Here she is sitting pretty after her new install...
I guess I'll start from the front. This is the new battery - can't go wrong with 1000 cranking amps. The 8awg is waiting on the front channel amp for connection. Having dual terminals is convenient for stereo usage. Thank you very much Autozone.
This pic is obvious. I'm going to find a way to secure the fuse holders somehow, but for now whatever. The 8awg has a 50A fuse and the 4awg has an 80A. Fitting 4awg into one of these is fun, trust me.
Thanks to the guys here on the forum for the inspiration on this move. I added the grommets for posterity, but this spot works great instead of spanning the strut bar.
OK here'* the headunit for the meantime. It'* getting replaced with my old Carion DRX9675z after the front stage is all ready to go. For now this one runs signal to the new subs and powers a pair of Polk 6x9'* in back. The toggle switch is for my daytime running lights. The jack on the lower right goes to a Motorola hands-free system with the speaker mounted at the top of the driver'* A-pillar. I'm trying to get an adapter from Cingular for my V180.
Just another shot with the Pioneer remote control mounted for easy use. It'* surprising how ergonomically friendly that spot is, unless you have a drink in the cupholder
. Oops, I better take that movie back...
Ever wonder what the inside of your door looks like? Can you say VAST CAVITY? Originally I was going to put 8'* in there but don't really want to now. So much for measure twice, cut once! Instead I'm going to make glass tubs and show off the crossovers for my Chameleons and maybe do a little lighting or something flashy like that. You'll see on the left the carpet is pulled up - I'm keeping a lid on the kicks until I can unveil them in all their glory... hehehe.
A shot through the ski pass-thru. That'* a top of the line baby seat. Oh, and an MTX 6500D. The red light is pretty bright at night. And yes, I know it'* upside down. I do things weird, but it all works when I'm done so whatever. Actually I did it so I wouldn't have to cross my signal and power wires anywhere in the install.
After a half hour of idling and pumping some tunes, the car still runs solid at ~13.8V. It nudges a little past 14 on the highway and I haven't noticed any dimming lights yet. Not bad for an original 1993 alternator. We'll see what happens when I get the front channel amp installed.
And last but not least the air movers - ID10D2v.3'*. The enclosure is .675cu.ft. per side, dadoed edges, fully caulked for insurance and it'* all wired with 12ga. Knukonceptz. Only after I installed them did I notice a slight color difference between the logos on the subs but they sound amazing so I'm chaulking it up to character. I know, I know, I need to clean my trunk out. Also, that wire bolted to the cross member is in fact the ground. It may get moved, but it made sense at the time so that'* what I did.
Oh and one more pic - at the request of the wife. My wake up call... hehe.