Now it was time to make some fiberglass pods for the subs. As simple as this next shot looks, it took more then a few beers and a cigar to figure exactly how I wanted to do it. I ended up adding a little wood to the bottom of the sub, then wrapping it in plastic. Once It was protected, i then wrapped the fleece and drop them into the template.pulled everything tight and screwed the sub down. Then it was just a little glass on the outside to make the shell, and then a few coats in the inside to add strength.
Once it was dry, I sanded the rough spots smooth, and trimmed the edges. Slid it into place and was ready to glass it in.
I then glassed in more support and made it part of the car.
Once the frame work for the subs was set, i could move on to the kick panel covers. These covers came to me already beat up, so it was a trick to still be able to use them. I used the same ring to center the sub hole to the cutout on the kick.
Next was to delete the pull handle for the vents.
Looks like a good spot to add in the cross over for the comp set.
once i had that cut out, I needed to address the gaps on each side.
Little plastic flex filler and olf cut offs from the kick.
Sanded the edges straight.
This is the only and only pic I took of wrapping the kicks in vinyl. I will say that there was no shortage of choice words during this process. Getting the vinyl to wrap all the way to the tip on the trim was not fun.