01'ParkAve..Installing Aftermarket Tweeters in both Driver and Passenger side doors
Along my list of audio installations, Tweeters have not been something I have installed in any of my cars, but I'm sure it'* simple........atleast I thought so
My dilemma is I installed the Passenger door tweeter first (See pictures) and when I got the door panel back on.....the Tweeter wasn't singing to me, so I took the Driver door panel off and I am going to follow the advice I get on here with the Driver door.
The passenger door Tweeter install went like this....
1. I took the OEM tweeter out
2. Cut the connector that went into the OEM tweeter, so it could be spliced to the crossover
3. Mounted the New Tweeter in the door panel
4. Connected the crossover to the tweeter and then spliced the 2 cut wires from the OEM connector to the crossover(Purple to Black.... Green to Red)
5. I made everything as nice and neat as possible and tucked away and then put the panel back on the passenger door
I turned the car on and the tweeter from the OEM speaker in the lower part of the door was working but the one I just installed is not.
So please tell me what I did wrong and I will do it right with the drivers door and then fix the passenger door