Teflon Sealing Rings
(Input / 3rd Clutch Hub and Input Shaft)
I used a long, smooth, slow taper glass funnel (labware) to stretch the rings. That seemed to work OK for getting them onto the shaft:
I got these nylon clamps to resize the rings:
That did not work out so well...
When assembled to the driven sprocket support / 2nd clutch drum assemblies, they are not forming a positive seal (to air) for input and third clutch apply, even when the fluid channels in the support are filled with ATF.
I believe these clamps are making a depression or "divot" (red arrow) and a "hump" (green arrow) in the rings:
I tried letting them sit a few days; then sit again overnight bathed in ATF; but they are just not reforming properly to make a seal.
I thought about getting new sealing rings (or a kit) and trying again, maybe with strips of neoprene between the clamp and the ring; but these rings are not exactly cheap enough for such experimentation, and the proper j-tools are extremely uncheap. So I'm likely going to send the hub and the shaft in to Dave at tripleedgeperformance.com to install and size all 6 new rings for me. I'm waiting for a quote, now.