Originally Posted by dbwilson
Curious, did you ever determine what the problem was?
Yep. Right side hub/bearing.
Did em both eventually though.
Glad I got a hub puller for the job. The one that was making the noise came out easy. Practically fell out once the 3 bolts from the back came out. Put that one in, and tested it, sound went away, so I got the right one first off.
The other side though, was a beast. It was stuck in there so bad that I had to use the hub puller for it, and even with that, it pulled it apart in half getting it out. Came out in multiple pieces, the puller literally cracked it in half it was stuck so bad.
The good part, both hubs are now done. The bad part, now I think I have that drivers side axle CV joint going on me thanks to the hub puller. (It gets clamped onto the wheel studs, then you turn the center of it down onto the axle and push on the axle to pull the hub out). But that hub came out so tough I think I killed the CV axle. Now I have that to replace.