TSB 01-08-51-004C Premature Aluminum Panel Hood Corrosion/Blistering (Refinish) December 2, 2005
2000-2003 Buick LeSabre
2002-2006 Buick Rendezvous
2000-2005 Cadillac DeVille
2003-2006 Cadillac CTS
2004-2006 Cadillac SRX
2005-2006 Cadillac STS
2006 Cadillac DTS
1997-2002 Chevrolet Trans Sport (Export Only), Venture
1997-2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette
2001-2003 Oldsmobile Aurora
1997-1998 Pontiac Trans Sport
1999-2002 Pontiac Montana
2000-2003 Pontiac Bonneville
This bulletin is being revised to add model labor time information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin
Number 01-08-51-004B (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).
Some vehicles may have the appearance of blistering or bubbling paint on the top of the hood or under
the hood edges and hem flanges.
Important: Always follow your paint manufacturer'* instructions for specific product usage.
1. Remove the hood from the vehicle.
2. Wash the complete hood with soap and water.
3. Wash the hood with wax and grease remover.
4. Inspect the hood for paint blistering (top of the hood and under the hood edges and hem flanges).
Important: Because the hood is made of aluminum only, use clean discs so that the aluminum
surface of the hood will not become contaminated with foreign particles.
5. Clean blister areas by spot media blast or a 3MŽ Roloc clean and strip disc, P/N 07466, or
6. Feather edge and clean.
7. Prime the affected area, seal the complete panel perimeter hem flange using 3M #08370.
8. Refer to your GM 4901M Approved Refinish Materials booklet under the heading of Rigid
Substrates (Steel and Aluminum) for product selection. The information for the latest GM
Approved Refinish Materials booklet is ONLY online at the GM Goodwrench website. Printed
books have been discontinued. Follow these steps to access the site:
- Go to www.gmgoodwrench
- Click on GM Collision
- Click on GM Technical Repair
- Click on Paint