To remove the dash,
1. remove outer ignition bezel
2. pop out DIC from lower right hand corner, pry with flat blade screw driver.
3. with steering wheel tilted all the way down pull out the 2 push locks above the instrument panel.
4. pull on the lower trim below enviromental controls to release the last of the retainers.
5. you may have to remove the HUD controls and/or dimmer contols also.
On the SE. I removed mine on my 2000 SE and I think they are the same.
Do set 3. First. The 2 push locks feel like screws but all you have to do is push them in the center and it will allow you to remove the locks. I used a small flat head screwdriver after 35 mins trying to screw them out.
Then set 4. Make sure to be careful because once you get it lose you have to disconnect the DIC connecter before the dash panel will come completely out. And then the bezel will come off with the dash panel. Was not able to remove before then.
On the SE you don't have to worry about the HUD but that tray like thing will come out with the dash.
An now your at at your radio. You have 4 metal claps that hold it in. Just squeeze then in and slide the radio out. I hope we were able to help.......Holla back
So Fresh & So Clean, aka Chi-Town Bonne. 2000 SE:
Tint, Dual exhast, Pioneer 6x9 speakers, Kenwood 10 disc changer, Cleared Front Signal lights, Red Signal Side Mirror Lights, Painted Bright red caliphers,18" Zenetti Five Chrome wheels w/ 235 50 18 BF Goodwrench G Force tires, and a DEI 2 way Remote start & alarm.