When we traded in the wife'* 95 SSEi in for a 05 SE we lost a lot (a big lot) of goodies. One that my wife would like back is an exterior temperature gage and and a compass. I am thinking about buying a Gentex rear view mirror that will provide both of these lost items.
This will require that I run wires from the rear view mirror to power and to the from of the car. I will have to run wires behind the cover that is on the front driver side windshield post. Can anyone tell me how to get this cover off?
Any help in this adventure would be greatly appreciated.
Garnish Molding Replacement-Windshield Pillar (A Pillar)
1. Pull the windshield pillar garnish molding away from the windshield pillar to disengage the retainer clips.
2. Remove the windshield pillar garnish molding.
1. Install a piece of cloth backed tape over the outer edge of the Instrument Panel (IP) upper trim pad. Prevents damage to IP upper trim pad.
2. Position the lower end of the molding behind IP cover.
3. Align the clips to the holes in the windshield pillar.
4. Push in the molding to engage the retainer clips.
5. Remove tape from IP upper trim pad.