Just noticed I've lost about 1/4 o'flow reservoir fluid since thermostat, fluid flush and upper hose changed about 30 days ago. Before that = no coolant loss.
Funny thing is:
1. No antifreeze smell inside or outside.
2. No external leaks of oil or fluid anywhere on engine.
3. No foaming evident on dispstick (oil looks very clean and uh "oily".
4. It'* been cold and I've noticed a fair amount of clear condensation on underside of oil fill cap (yes I "sampled it". It tastes sweel but is clear like condensate.
5. After about an 11 mile run consensate is apparent. Thirty-forth mile runs evaporate the condensate.
6. Engine temp runs normal at 200 deg F. No overheating.
7. Acceleration is strong and idle is smooth.
8. No noticeable "steam" from tail pipes.
One week ago I refilled reservoir tank and marked locations of fluid when hot and when cold. After 1 week of driving I've noticed about 1/8" drop in fluid level.
Am I being anal? Should I be concerned? I'm hating like heck to tear the SC off.
its very possible that it didnt burp completely when you did the flush.. i would do as bill suggested, and run it for a few more weeks, and keep an eye on the level... there isnt many instances of SSEis loeaking from the intake gasket, i would make sure that the petcock for the radiator is fully seated, also, triple check the hose connections, and thermostat housing for any seepage
In the last week I've lost another 1" of coolant. Abolutely no external leaks.... no smell!
I still can't believe I have a gasket leak between the supercharger and intake. Where is the most likely place to look for a leak. I would think the supercharger gasket would NOT be the source of the problem.