Originally Posted by 1993 SLE
ahhhh the Power of Bowser..
i believe the heated seat elements tend to burn out.....
check out the search...there have been many 00+ owners experience exactly what you have
I would go back and have the elements replaced under warrenty.....
My wife just had a kid and is out of commission for driving for a few weeks so I wanted to see if I could handle it myself. One of the service writers I have known for years told me that they would help eat the deductible (I have a GMPP with a $200) because I just had the car in for service for a ton of mickey mouse crap. They did the following:
- New valve cover gaskets (smelled a bit of buring oil)
- New heated seat switches (burned out lights)
- New Radio (lower lights were burned out)
- New Steering Wheel buttons (light burned out)
- New Twighlight Sentinel Buttons (light was burned out)
- New HVAC head unit (Blue on left side burned out)
Now the car is perfect except for the driver heated seat. I will take it back. Any if anyone ever has issues with the Power of Bowser (Route 51 South on top of the HILLLLLLLLLL), let me know. I am tight with Gary Bowser Jr. from my days at GMAC and all of the cars I have purchased since I was 18 in 1993 (94 Firebird, 95 Firebird, 94 GP Sdn, 96 GP Coupe, 99 TA, 00 Bravada, 00 Bonneville SE, 01 Aurora V8, 01 Nissan Altima, 04 GTO, 04 GTP, 05 SV6)