Originally Posted by dsh12
Does any know where I could find diagrams of the tank and sensor?
Heres something I found for you.
1. Relieve the fuel system fuel pressure, remove the fuel cap.
2. Make sure you have less than 3/4 of tank of fuel.
3. Remove the spare tire cover, the jack, and the spare tire.
4. Remove the fuel sender access panel.
5. Clean all of the fuel pipe connections, all of the hose connections,
and all of the areas surrounding the connections before disconnecting
the connections in order to avoid possible contamination of the fuel system. (Important!!!!).
6. Remove the quick-connect fittings at the fuel sender assembly.
7. Disconnect the electrical connector from the fuel sender.
8. Disconnect the electrical connector from the fuel tank pressure sensor.
9. Remove the fuel sender retaining cam, using a locknut wrench.
10. Remove the fuel sender assembly and the O-ring from the fuel tank.
11. Discard the fuel sender assembly O-ring. (get a new one).
12. Clean and inspect the O-ring sealing surfaces of the fuel sender assembly .