Thanks to some very helpful members I've stripped the interior of my 2000 Bonneville (clogged AC drain, soaked everything)
My car has had electrical issues for the past 3 years. It started with just the front passenger window stuttering until it refused to work. Like a spreading virus, everything in the cab failed one by one until now all I have is the Driver side power window which stutters when its humid (lorida) but works fine when the weather is bone dry warm.
I've stripped the interior out and have access to all the wires, harnesses etc. I really need help/advice on what to test.
Symptoms (in order of failure);
- Central locking stopped working
- Power mirrors stopped working
- Power windows stopped working except for Driver side which stutters (relay?)
- Cab lights sometimes stay on
- Door ajar light stays on if the engine is running and someone opens a door.
- Door ajar light turns off if all the doors are shut prior to starting the engine.
- Intermittently get the "Security" light
- Intermittently get the "Air Bag" light
- High Beam indicator light (dash board) stays on when high beams are turned off. Toggling the light switch or flashing the beams turns the indicator off.
- Shifter backlight stopped working (P-R-N-D-etc) is not lit up.
- Dashboard backlight surges bright - dim - bright - normal.
- Drivers door only activates the interior light and key-in-ignition alarm (door open).
I pried open the passenger and driver side wire buses (plastic cover things sitting on the floor). Drivers side had water, passenger was dry. Drivers side had a terminal with 8 yellow wires going in. This was wet and looked like it shorted out at one point. I cleaned this up and greased/reassembled.
I went and wiped out and greased all the grounding connections that are under the seats and screwed into the floor chassis.
Battery terminals are clean. Battery ground to chassis cleaned and greased too. Hooked up the battery and tested the windows. Same problem. From a visual inspection, all the wires are good and anything that could be wet has been cleaned up (I think).
Any ideas where and what to look for? What are my options now? Bad driver side switch center? Control Module?
Thanks for reading and appologies for a long winded post.