Originally Posted by Professor Fate
the Problem is, in the past month I have had several issues with the car.
1. Check gas cap wont go off (I bought a new dealership cap) No change.
2. Service engine light stays on (probly from thinking gas cap is off)
3. driver seat heater broke
4. chech tire pressure wont go off. (tire pressure fine)
5. oil pressure always reads 120 (pressure seems to be fine)
6. compass always resets. (I make like an idiot and drive in circles) two days later It resets
7. Running a tad ruff at idle. (probly injectors)
8. 4th gear lock thing seams to not be working now. (causing hard shifts)
Basiclly a nightmare. Im overwhelmed. Does anyone have any advice about what I should do. where I can go to get it fixed cheap. Andone that has a computer to hook it up to, or one that I could rent (for a price) or borrow?
Professor, we'll have to sort these problems out one by one. Just for starters, when you reset the "Check Tire Pressure" warning on the Driver Information Center (DIC), you have to depress the reset button & hold for at least 4-5 seconds to clear the warning. We've covered the gas cap in the other thread. Oil pressure sensor sounds like it may have failed. As far as the compass, ensure there are not any large magnets in close proximity to the compass module located under the rear deck. Do you pass near by any sub stations frequently. Strong magnetic fields can cause the compass to act erratic. The driver seat heater problem could be the control module under the seat, or a heating element in the seat is "open". I know these answers are all just generalizations, but like I said we'll try to address each problem on a stand alone basis.
2003 SSEi, Light Bronzemist Metallic - All Stock For Now
IBEW Local 261 Groton, CT
My other vehicle is a nuclear submarine.