Under the car, roughly near the driver'* seat you'll see something like this.
That'* the adjuster. Check the brake arm on the caliper to see if it is resting against the stops. If so, no adjustment is needed. Some light drag is normal. If it is not against the stops, this is the adjustmen procedure.
Adjustment of parking brake cable is necessary whenever the rear brake cables have been disconnected. A need for parking brake cable adjustment is indicated if the hydraulic brake system operates with good reserve, but a firm parking brake pedal feel cannot be achieved with less than one full stroke of the parking brake pedal.
1. Cycle brake system.
1.1. Apply the service brake with a pedal force of approximately 660 N (150 lbs.) and release.
1.2. Fully apply the parking brake using approximately 550 N (125 lbs.) pedal force and release.
1.3. Apply and release the parking brake two additional times as described above.
1.4. Parking brake light should be illuminated after parking brake has been depressed slightly.
2. Check parking brake pedal assembly for full release by turning the ignition on and inspecting PARKING BRAKE warning light. Light should be off. If PARKING BRAKE warning light is on and parking brake appears to be fully released, pull the pedal back by hand and continue with the adjustment procedure.
3. Raise the vehicle and suitably support. Refer to Vehicle Lifting.
4. Check parking brake levers on rear calipers. Levers should be against the stops on the caliper housing. If levers are not against stops, check for binding in rear brake cables and position levers against stops.
5. Tighten parking brake cable at adjuster until either the left or right lever begins to move off stop.
6. Loosen adjuster until lever which moved off of stop in step 5 is again resting on stop. Both levers should be resting on caliper stops after completing this step.
7. Operate parking brake several times to check adjustment. A firm pedal feel should be obtained by depressing the pedal less than one full stroke.
8. Inspect left and right caliper levers. Both levers must be resting on stops after adjustment of parking brake.
9. Check the operation of the parking brake.