The following applies to how codes are assigned:
P #### - Powertrain
B #### - Body
C #### - Chassis
U #### - Data communications
DTC B0100, B0101 or B0102 Electronic Front End Sensor 1 Performance
The following conditions must be met in order to set the DTC B0100:
- A valid ID message is not received within 5 seconds of the EFS (Electronic Frontal Sensor) being powered up.
- Status message is not received.
- The SDM (Sensing & Diagnostic Module) has reset the EFS twice without detecting a valid ID message.
The SDM commands ON the AIR BAG warning lamp via a Class 2 serial data message.
The following conditions may cause the malfunction:
- A short to ground or voltage in the EFS circuit.
- High or low resistance in the EFS circuit.
- Improper EFS installed on the vehicle.
One possibility is that there is corrosion in the connector where the EFS plugs into the body harness. It is also quite possible that you have a bad EFS. The other possibility is a bad SDM, however I suspect this is less likely.
If you're not familiar with servicing the Supplemental Inflatable Restraint system, I'd recommend taking it to a shop. This isn't really a system you'd like to service incorrectly.
StingRay Bike w/cards in the spokes, Weeeeeee!