Well, I picked up the rims this weekend for $100.00 for the set. They are in REALLY great shape. No scuffs or scratches. Not even as much as a wheel weight mark on the outside lip. There were some small weights on the inside but it looks like they were the only one ever on them. Washed them up and they look brand new!!! So here are some pictures of trying them on the car.
I even started the car and ran the wheels in drive and turned side to side with no issues.
I then started the brakes and found the rotors had been turned way too far the last time the brakes were done and the caliper piston was extended all the way out. The front pad had less friction material than a piece of copy paper!!! So it was new rotors and pads for the fronts. The rear shoes looked brand new and the drums looked ok. Found out the rear brakes were not adjusted anywhere near where they should be. Got the drums turned and installed then adjusted the rears where they just made a slight drag. Did a full brake fluid flush with new fluid and stops GREAT now!!! Money spent $103.00. This includes 6 cans of brake clean, (yes, I’m obsessed) a large bottle of brake fluid, and a Gatorade. While I was at it, I rattle caned the wheel wells satin black rustoleum since there was a copious amount of overspray from previous body work. I also painted the calipers and drums with 600 degree Barbecue spray paint. Looks great.
So I have ordered tires and an alignment to be done today and ordered 20 lug nut covers off of ebay for $15. With the exception of Freon, she is ready to ride. I plan on putting a few hundred miles on it to be sure nothing else will fail. Then the following paycheck with make it COOL with a complete Freon charge.
More pictures to come. Thanks for all your help.