I did a little work to the car over the weekend and have the sore muscles to prove it. As I'm a bit fussy when it comes to how well things work I decided to tackle the front suspension. Here'* what got done;
1) Monroe strut top plates
2) New Monroe Sensa-Trak struts
3) Moog ball joints
4) custom slotted Raybestos rotors
5) Raybestos Quiet Stop pads
6) Ceramic VHT paint
Once that was all done I went to the dealer for a 4 wheeel alignment as I had also changed the rear struts and top plates a month ago. Just in case I hadn't dropped enough coin, the technician informed me an inner tie-rod needed repacement so I did that as well. I had recently changed the front sway bar endlinks for urethane ones and replaced the isolator bushings with GM parts. I also put new tires on a few weeks ago - Bridgestone Potenza G009s - so now the car turns and stops like Jack the Bear.
Next weekend I have new rear brake drums to go, also ceramic painted and baked, and I have new sway bar end links and the whole isolator assemblies.
Here'* a few photos from the weekend;
With all that done I'll be able to get going on the next projects