First of all, maybe someone could fix my links again like above? Thanks.
Got her back together today.
My boss was kind enough to give me the afternoon off so I could get her done.
So the first thing was to cut the weatherstripping from the junk yard to fill in the gaps from re-fitting.
Unfortunately my digital camera decided to delete that finished pic, but Bill Buttermore'* picture on page 1 gives you the idea of how it should look when fixed.
Next thing, was to move the front seats all the way forward, and cut the new underpad to fit:
Dig that crazy purple colour?
I added a piece for under the back seat that was a bit easier to work with, so I could cut around the seat belts, and the hold downs for the back seat.
This pad is thicker than the original. The rear passengers should enjoy sinking there toes in it!
Now onto final assembly. I re-installed the holy sh*t handle, the rear trim panels (make sure you stretch the weather stripping back over this panel for a proper fit.
Finally, I put the carpet back in place under the rear trim, and clipped it all back together. Last thing was to replace the back seat which has been sunbathing on my back porch for a couple of days.
It was tough to put back in place, due to the thicker padding. A straight screwdriver was of great assistance to align the pins properly.
Here we are:
After taking the car for a spin, I have been rewarded with a much quiter riding car. The wind noise has been reduced thanks to the re-fitted weatherstripping, and road noise has been reduced thanks to the thicker underpad.
Thanks to all for your encouragement and advice during this not-so-enjoyable project. Hopefully I can focus on more pressing issues now, like performance enhancements!
That'll learn those turtles for trying to move in!