I have searched on this forum and read the many messages about water getting into the car. I have tried lots of things but still my rear floorboards are getting sopping wet after a rain, even when parked on level ground for a few days.
Here are the things I checked and did:
- sunroof drainage holes seem to drain properly
- cleaned out the mud from behind the front wheel wells
- checked the trunk and spare tire storage, no water.
- took off the roof-body drainage channels and reattached them with black auto silicone
- poured water down front cowling.. seems to drain. dunno if water is leaking from there
- door and trunk seals have been cleaned and look ok.
- no water or dampness in roof lining
- seats not wet, also checked behind rear seats
- front floorboards not wet
One thing I did notice was water from the roof drainage channels was pouring into the black vents on the inside of the rear door jamb. I sealed around the black vents with silicone and also made a silicone "deflector" to move water away from the vents and towards the outside of the door jamb.
The wetness seems to appear more near the middle of the floorboards (near the hump) rather than near the doors.
Can someone please help me find this leak?