Something not clear enough? Let me know, Reply'* Welcome.
How to add a HUD to your 92-95 Bonneville.
Metric and SAE Socket Set
At least 12" worth of extensions
HUD Control Unit (92-93 GM P/N 16134822, 94-96 GM P/N 16174722 )
HUD Switch (GM P/N 16178268 )
Lower I/P Trim
Two HUD Connectors from parts car.
HUD Defroster Panel (GM P/N 25619898 )
(P/N'* not confirmed)
Remove your front seats.
It makes it a whole lot easier to get the old dash out of the car with the seats out. They have phillips head screws holding on trim plates on the front and back, The Four-Five nuts holding each seat down (Yes, This varies from car to car). Each seat will have from 0-5 Connectors hooked to the bottom, Disconnect those. The Seatbelts/Seatbelt Slides are T45. The seats come out through the back door, and I've found it easier to lean them back 45 degrees first.
Strip everything out of your dash.
Remove Kick Panels.
Those black panels under the dash are the kick panels.
Remove the Glovebox Door And Lining
Remove the Three T15 screws on the hinge side of the glove compartment, Then flip up the black peice, and remove the other T15'*. Set the door to the side. Remove the two T15'* going straight in to the dash in the upper corners, Then remove the Glovebox Lining.
Empty the Instrument Cluster Area.
1. Snap out your Lower I/P trim peice (It'* the one that goes under the I/P and around the radio).
2. Remove the radio.
3. Remove the A/C Controls. Mine came off with two electrical connectors and a vacuum connection. The Electronic Climate Control probably has more connectors.
4. Remove the Headlight Switch ****. Push in the silver button on the bottom of it, about four inches back.
5. You may need to remove your Twilight Sentinel **** at this point. It pulls straight off.
6. Remove the Upper I/P Trim, Disconnect the cigarette lighter.
7. Remove that peice under the steering wheel (pm me the name if you know it.)
8. If you are Column Shift, Remove your shift indicator linkage. Pull it downward, and try to remember where it went...
9. Remove the Four bolts holding the steering column up. Lay is on the floorboard.
10. Remove the T15'* holding in the I/P, The center connector has to pull straight out, I can't remember what you have to do to the clips to get that to happen. The clip for the Compass and stuff pissed me off so much I cut it off. Hope someone chimes in on how to get that thing out.
Remove the Dash.
1. Remove the defroster panel, it rotates toward the windsheild slightly, Then slides out.
2. Remove the Half Dozen or so T15'* holding the dash to the firewall, Under the Defroster panel.
3. Remove six 10mm Bolts in the Steering column area.
4. Remove the 10mm Nut below where the headlight switch goes.
5. Remove the 10mm Nut in the same position on the other side of the Dash.
6. Remove two 10mm Bolts in the LH side of the the Glovebox Compartment.
7. Right behind the radio is a connector with about 50 spots in it. There is a screw that must be removed from the firewall side. Disconnect this connector, And remember that it is C200.
You need to go get your helper now
8. Gently lift the dash from the car, while standing on the ground. You and your helper will each have a connector to disconnect.
9. Sit the Dash down on it'* face on a clean surface.
10. Remove your Dash Wiring Harness. It comes out very simply, Try not to break the clips.
Installing the new wiring.
Hopefully you got about 18" worth of spare wire on your HUD connections.... If Not, You' ll be doing as much soldering as I was.
Now, Here'* the Diagram.
Wire it up like so, I made my Hud connectors 12" longer than the headlight switch wires, It works.
Start putting it back together.
1. Put the wiring harness into your new HUD dash, And run all the connection out their apporiate holes.
2. Slide the dash into the car, hook up the two connectors you and your helper had to remove.
3. Slide the dash into place and connect C200.
4. Replace all the bolts holding the dash to the car, then the screws.
5. Replace the I/P.
6. Install the HUD switch for the first time
7. Install the HUD Control Unit.
8. Bolt the I/P back into place.
It'* first drive.
1. Bolt down the drivers' seat, and get it in a position you can drive from.
2. Take her around the block, mess with all the settings of the HUD, Vary the intensity, The vertical position and change over to Kmph Mode.
3. Pull her back into the driveway, Take a break, grab a beer. You just installed a HUD.
Putting the other stuff back in.
Put the things back in that you haven't yet, not that you really need it anyway... You have a HUD.