1. 60+ MPH shimmy in front. Noticed one of the front wheels is bent which may be causing the problem. I can pick up anotherone cheaply on eBay it appears. It'* a 16" wheel.
Rotate your tires/wheels to see if the problem moves. But it sounds like you have that one identified.
2. The steering seems really stiff. Maybe just getting used to a front wheel drive car again. It'* just sort of "choppy" at times when I am in low-speed turns. Not smooth. Is this normal?
Check your fluid level and condition of the belt. Get with a local member to compare your steering (not an SSEi, they have a different rack and pump).
3. The grab handle is missing on the driver'* side (above seat in headliner). I'll order a new one from GM.
Post in WANTED. You'll get it cheaper.
4. A small bit of body trim at the bottom of the car along the driver'* side had popped out. It looks like the body pin is missing or not aligned. It should be an easy fix. This is the strip that runs along the bottom of the car.
Post pics of it in detailing and appearance, and we'll give you part numbers, tricks, and techniques.
5. Wheels have a lot of brake dust burned in. I need a heavy duty cleaner or my detail guy will need a little acid to get it off. I might just upgrade to a set of wheels and take care of the bent wheel and dirty wheels in one shot.
Detailing and appearance for this one too.
6. The power antenna is bent and won't go down. GM part again unless I can find a used or cheaper one online somewhere.
Post in WANTED. Or go to the wrecker. You want the newest possible, preferably out of a 98/99. I paid 20 bucks for each of mine out of 99'* at wreckers. It'* a good idea to drill out the rivets in the new motor assembly, clean it, re-pack with white lithium grease, and lube the antenna with a light teflon based oil. Put it back together with machine screws and nuts. (this is the replacement unit I'm talking about, and it'll give you years of good service).
7. The "down" arrow button on the climate control is worn off exposing the plastic underneath and the light shined through. Not a big deal. I saw a new one listed on eBay for $34. Does that seem right? Very cheap to me. Are these hard to replace or plug and play?
Post in WANTED and see what shakes out. You have electronic? Or *****?
8. The remote for the lock/unlock has a dead battery. I need to replace and read up on the re-program listed on this board. I saw it somewhere. What is the easiest way to open up the remote and change the battery?
You need a small phillips screwdriver, and you may not need to reprogram it. The reciever in the car remembers the remote code, not the other way around.
9. There is some trim at the bottom of the driver'* side window that is loose and needs to be replaced.
Post a pic of that in detailing and appearance. We can help you find a replacment part or tell you how to fix it.