Originally Posted by Mike1995
Nah! It should be running by tommorow afternoon
Hmmm, maybe not...ran into some snags during the install. For some reason, one of the rods would not rotate on the crank after torqueing(sp) it to specs. So, I took some 1000grit sandpaper and sanded the back side of the rod bearings to thin them up a little. Well, I guess I took too much off and now the rod is banging around again. Weird thing is, it'* not the same rod that got torn up before. ****, oh well. $200 down the drain. Might as well start off fresh. Called up Gmpartsdirect and ordered a series III */C engine with matching PCM/wiring harness. Had to use a different source for the HD trans to match up with it, along with the axles etc etc. Thank goodness for tax refunds!
ha ha ha! j/k. No, it runs fine now.