Originally Posted by 93RedSled-SSE
On the length of the M6 bolts. I think it varies according to the puller used. On a generic one, I bought 90mm, but had to use a lot of spacers. In my case, 80mm would have been best. I had to go to a bolt and screw company to find them that long.
Also, one of the bolts (on mine) would only thread in a minimal amount. Trouble is that the sheet metal behind it was not punched for a hole there. The other two would screw all the way through, though.
Finally, Bill Buttermore posted a cool method for breaking that 24mm loose. It uses a jackstand, set and shimmed with 2x4s to the right height to hold up the breakover bar with extensions. Basically to hold the thing straight while you use a persuader pipe on the bar.
There is a picture, etc., in the post at this address
It worked like a charm for me. Good luck
yep it depends on the puller indeed
i used a milke crate and 4x4 block of wood to hold up the breaker bar setup- you really have little choice but to block it up to keep it all straight haha
one of the balancer bolt holes has the sheetmetal right behind it yep lol. -you can tell pretty easily which one by looking through the holes, even with the balancer still on the crank snout, the metal is so bright
wont be the last one ill have to replace, and wasnt the first either lol, enjoy! not..
blocking the flexplate was virtually impossible on this 92
i had the HARDESt time getting it to block
i tried al kinds of screwdrivers, jack handles, bars, you name it, i tried virtualyl anything i could find around the building, and i have ALOt of parts and tools and items from over a decade of vehicles and stuff
nothing ever did end up working perfectly,
what did end up working finally was one of those wheel cover locking T handle tools, yeah,,
now i gotta block it again to tighten the bolt hmm what a pain.
almost broke off the oil pan oil level sensor, it broke but its still able to be plugged in but hopefully it wont come unplugged by itself hmmm- its really in a BAD location there
i plan on putting the new one on by the end of the week or so