Shudder when torque converter kicks in
Well I just tested my coils. Secondarys were 6.05, 6.10, 6.15.
Primaries all went to 1.0, but all 3 came down to 0.9 once it sat for 10 secs. Weird.
So as long as the close to 1.0 primary readings are fine, my coils are fine. The car still shudder when the torque converter kicks in. If I tap the break it fixes it until it locks back in. There still remains an odd ringing noise usually happening when the car gears up to shift. Sometime it will build up the ringing noise until I take my foot off the gas. The noise is there while in park and neutral.
My MPG is still anywhere from 13MPG to 16MPG city.
So what am I looking at here bad torque converter? Heres a list as to whats been done to the car so far:
1. Heater Core (Summer 2006)
2. SC drive unit (Fall 2006)
3. 190 Thermostat (Fall 2006)
4. Replaced all hoses (2006)
5. Gas tank (12-28-06)
6. Gas straps (12-28-06)
7. Cam sensor (4-23-07)
8. O2 Sensor – AC Delco (4-26-07)
9. Fixed hood + trunk light (4-26-07)
10. PCV Valve and O-ring – AC Delco (5-9-07)
11. Starter (11-1-07)
12. Oil pressure sensor – Junker (11-1-07)
13. Replace LIM, SC, and TB gaskets. (Winter 2007)
14. Cleaned TB, SC, and LIM in parts cleaner. (Winter 2007)
15. Cleaned MAF Sensor (Winter 2007)
16. Front right wheel bearing (1-11-08 )
17. Monroe Struts, mount, bearings, and boots. – Both front (1-11-08 )
18. Wix Fuel Filter – 128,000 miles (1-11-08 )
19. Turn signal flasher (1-11-08 )
20. ELC Air Compressor relay (1-13-08)
21. NGK TR55 Spark Plugs (1-21-08)
22. Autolite Pro Spark Plug Wires (1-21-08)
23. Removed both rusted support rods from exhaust pipe. Welded a rusted/broken bracket back to the exhaust pipe. (1-21-08)
24. CAI. Rx-4750 K&N Filter. Polished aluminum pipe. Silicone 3.25 to 3 coupler. IAT drilled into filter. Spliced IAT harness for it to reach. (January 2008)
25. Driver door lock actuator - Junker (Summer 2007)
26. Oil Pressure Sensor (March 2008)
27. AC Delco Water Pump (March 2008)
28. Transmission fluid and filter change along with Lucas transmission fix (March 2008)
29. Supercharger coupler and oil (March 2008)
30. Front passenger wheel well splash guard (March 2008)
31. Custom stainless steel mesh put into front grille (March 2008)
32. Fixed snapped T2V power steering connector (March 2008)
I really don't think there is anything else to rule out besides a bad ICM or ICM harness but I can't really test those without plugging in another one. Whats a torque converter cost and how bad is the job?
P.*. Changing the transmission fluid, filter, and lucas transmission fix seemed to help the shudder slightly.