Originally Posted by CmptrNerd
And for the throttle body? Is it ok if I separate the LIM from the UIM if I get some gasket maker and put them back together because I am certain there is tons of stuff built up in there and I woul really like to get my intake system all cleaned up.
No goop on the Throttle Body gasket.
Well.... Not really. It'* plastic so it could break, You're looking at a bit of money to replace it if it happens. I really wish you wouldn't, But I'd hate for you to be uninformed in trying it against my advice.
If you really feel you must, And you're feeling very lucky, Once you get the manifolds off the car:
1. Remove the rest of the bolts in the manifold.
2. GENTLY seperate the two peices.
3. In the bottom side of the UIM is the rest of the intake tubes, If you cannot easily remove this, Let it soak in a sensor safe cleaner. It should simply lift out.
4. Clean everything, Do not use a gasket scraper, at all, ever on those mating surfaces. Ever. Clean everything with cleaners. No scraper.
5. Completly dry the entire thing.
6. Apply gasket maker to the mating surfaces of the UIM.
7. Put it back together.
8. Tighten bolts to 30Nm or 22 ft. lb. in a circular fashion from the center.