Originally Posted by chevelle_6969
only a crime if i sell
Not true...the first bullet has got you irregardless of your intent:
49 U.*.C. §§ 32701-32711 (Formerly 15 U.*.C. §§ 1981-1991),
49 C.F.R., Sections 580.1-580.6 - Odometer Requirements
- Resetting or altering odometer with intent to change mileage.
- Making false odometer disclosure statement.
- Failure to provide buyer complete odometer disclosure statement.
- In acquiring vehicle for resale, failure to obtain complete odometer disclosure statement from seller.
- Conspiring to violate any of the Federal odometer statutes.