1. My headlight dimmer is a little wonky. If you even touch it, the dash lights will turn off, only works at the very last MM highest setting. Is there any way to clean this or is it just better to replace it, and if so, how do you do that?
2. I have this VERY odd noise coming from my exhaust, like a scraping/rattle sound. Only does it at idle or idle in gear, more commonly the latter. If i rock my engine a little (move the car back and forth in park), you can hear the exhaust creaking, but still not the same noise. The cat is pretty heavily rusted compared to my 89, and I'm thinking its original. How long is the normal interval to change/replace a catalytic converter?
3. Putting the car in gear and shifting at moderate throttle yields rather harsh shifting. Should I check the modulator? I don't mind the hard shifting since it is good for the clutches, but can be rather annoying at times. Also, the fluid is probably due for a change, it smells quite burnt, could this also be causing my hard shifting problem? I am doing the trans fluid change by the first, but would like some prior insight on the issue before I start hacking away.
4. While on the issue of transmissions, what is the recommended interval for replacing the transmission fluid and filter. I saw on a few places that it is the same at the 440T4 requiring 12-15k changes. Someone please guide me on this being that I know close to nothing about servicing the 4T60-e.
5. Next is, rather a simple question. I was thinking about getting a K&N drop in filter for it, but to the best of my knowledge, this airbox has baffles unlike my LN3'* airbox. Is it worth it to "gut" this airbox? or better off just doing a CAI? If sticking with the stock airbox, is it just a better idea to stick with a plain old paper filter being that the K&N would only have negligible effects on power?
Thanks alot guys.
edit: added a question
6. Where in HELL is the fuel filter?
I can't find it