Well, I've got it. On the '98 SSEI."SYSTEM TOO LEAN - BANK 1" Looks like it could be a long day tomorrow No other codes.
-A week or so ago, i gutted the air box. The boost gauge changed and indicated what is often a vacuum leak. Couldn't find it. (Boost gauge running -9 instead of -10 when stopped at a light.
-Replaced O2 Sensor
-Two days ago, I cleaned and replaced the TB.
-yesterday got gas and added the Chevron fuel system cleaner.
- Today engine light comes on, on the way home. Boost gauge gets heavy, -10 at stop light. O2 sensor is reading positive values, instead of + and -.
So here'* the top of the hit list, from what i have read from you guys...
1) Check routing of plug wires, make sure everything is away from O2 sensor.
2) battery cables checked and cleaned. And battery.
3) Check the fuel pressure next, because it'* quick.
4) Start soup to nuts with the carb cleaner again, to check for a vacuum leak. Add in around TB.
Any suggestions and possibilities would be appreciated. Speculations and questions on highest probability welcomed. If it'* the fuel pump, I'm going to be even more pi$$ed than I am right now.
The car has been running great since I have been reclaiming performance with the BC best practices work.