New rack, wheel tires - still shakes! Any Ideas?
Well I have been busy getting my bonne up and running. I replaced the badly bent 16" wheel with an OEM replacement form the 'bay. Also bought (4) new Kuhmo tires, had them prof. installed and balanced. Also a front end alignment performed.
The speed sensitive steering rack was replaced since it had gone bad.
Here are the remaining issues:
1. The car still has an up and down "shake" in the steering wheel (no longer side to side). What can be causing this? At highway speeds I can really feel it.
2. The steering is still really "stiff" and "knotchy" at low speed turns like parking or sharp turns. Really hard steering. At high speeds feels great, no issues. What is the issue here?
Also had window tint added, Kenwood head unit installed with Ipod adapter in glove box, Sirius sat radio with antenna on the trunk. Upgraded the four front component speakers with Memphis components. Sounds great!
Left on the list:
1. Install the power antenna replacement that Mr. Bill shipped to me (thank you sir!)
2. Replace the passenger'* side grab handle above the passenger'* window (looking for this part used in my car'* interior color).
3. Replace the upper strip on the driver'* side soor panel (black strip between window and door panel) Half of it has broken off.
4. Fix the exterior body panel under the drivers door where the clip had unseated.
5. Buy new OEM factory floor mats in my color.
I bought an extended warranty through a third party to cover the drivetrain for 5 years or 100K miles. If I have an intake gasket issue or anything else I just pay a $100 deductable and tell them where I want to take the car. They pay for the rest.