Well, as the line says, its up and running! Here is what I did to her:
1) New standard-sized rod bearings
2) New gaskets - upper and lower intakes, oil pan, valve cover, valve cover grommets, injector o-rings, and other little things.
3) Media-blasted lower intake, valve covers, throttle body, a few brackets here and there...painted most of that either red or black, with exception of valve covers...those I clearcoated.
4) New ignition system. Plugs, wires, ignition module and new coil packs.
5) Double-flushed the oil. Its amazing how oil can turn black in just a few mins.
Now then, even though it'* running, it isn't without issues. It'* still got a knockin' noise (idle is fine...but from off-idle on and if a load is present it still knocks). I have a feeling the bearings are still undersized (I did follow up on the torque settings and *should* be ok). The */C coupler seemed fine when I had the assembly off, so I doubt that is making the noise. Could still be the harmonic balancer, as I could not get a definitive answer the last time on what was causing my noise woes. The trans still slips too, though I have yet to change the fluid and filter in it.
But it is running, and moveable at least.
Welcome, downwardly mobile yuppies, to the dawn of the Age of Nefarious.
1993 SSEi - FrankenJinx - dead and gone.
1994 SSE (136K strong) - 180* t-stat,HD alternator, most unequipped SSE on the club, XM radio, Kenwood CD/MP3.
2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx LTZ - Custom 2.25" manifold-back exhaust w/FM-80. Probably the only Maxx with this system.