Re: How would you know if you need...
Originally Posted by ssesc93
1. wheel bearings
2. stabilizer links/pins
3. ball joints
4. rear drums
5. tie rods
7. rack and pinion
1.) Also will make noise
2.) If the rubber is gone, or the link is broken (more common then you'd think)
3.) wheel can be shook in mid air, make sure these are lubed
4) braking going to hell could be caused by this, also unexpected wear of front brake equipment if the bias is thrown off.
5) steering wheel loose, or a dead spot (also can be caused by bad toe)
6) only real common issue with axles is the CV, good boot = happy axle. Bad/missing boot, or grease everywhere = sad axle.
What are your symptoms steve? Many of these can look like others, and someone wants you to fix them all to make sure it'* gone.
'06 Vee Dub GTI 2 door Tornado Red
- 2.0 Turbocharged, Intercooled, Direct Injected, 6 Speed DSG, Underbody Aero, 17" Classix
- Moonroof, Bi-Xenon headlamps, Interlagos Plaid Sport Seats, 6 Disc In-dash, iPod integration, GTI Monster Mats (winter)
'93 Bonneville SE Purple Pearl H4U package - picked up June 23, 2003, Traded-in June 28, 2007...