Help diagnose ignition switch and no start
Hello all,first time poster. I have a 99 Bonneville SE. The problem is when the key is turned to the ON position, none of the lights on the dash come on. Of course when turned to the START position, it will not crank either. Have checked the battery wire connections and all fuses and all seems fine.
What else I have found is:
1. All accessories that do not rely on the key position work, ie. lights, interior lights, horn, trunk release, etc.
2. When key in ON, the radio and wipers will work. The turn signals will not.
3. When turned to START, I can hear a relay under the dash click.
4. Same conditions in either Park or Nuetral.
5. Security light does not come on nor flash at any time. None of the dash lights come on.
Thought it might be the ignition switch but do not have a wiring diagram. I found the following on another site, can someone verify the wire colors.
Red - power in
Yellow - starter
Pink - ignition
Brown - ignition 2
Orange - accessory
Could not find info on the other wires going to the switch under the dash.
Have power on the red. With the key in ON, there is power on the brown wire but not on the pink. When turned to START, there is power on the yellow.
Any help appreciated especially what wires to diagnose and where they are located. Should the pink wire be hot when key is ON?
Last edited by alexM; 10-04-2009 at 05:03 PM.