Testing and Inspection
HORNS DO NOT SOUND
1. Remove the Horn Relay and check for battery voltage at terminals 2 and 4.
o If battery voltage is present at both terminals, go to step 2.
o If battery voltage is not present at a terminal(*), check ORN (1040) wire(*) and Relay Center Fuse 4 for an open.
2. With the Horn Switch depressed, measure the voltage from terminal 5 to terminal 2.
o If battery voltage is present, go to step 3.
o If battery voltage is not present, check BLK (2
wire, connector C202, Spring Loaded Contact, Slip Ring, and Horn Switch for an open.
3. Connect a fused jumper from terminal 1 to terminal 4.
o If Horns do not sound, go to step 4.
o If Horns sound, replace the Horn Relay.
4. Connect a fused jumper from terminal B (DK GRN) of one of the Horn connectors to the positive battery terminal.
o If Horn sounds, check wiring to Horn Relay for an open.
o If Horn does not sound, check BLK (151 or 155) wire.
HORNS SOUND AT ALL TIMES
If the Horns sound at all times, separate connector C202.
* If the Horns stop, check the Horn Switch and its wiring for a short to ground.
* If the Horns continue to sound with connector C202 separated, check BLK (2
wire for a short to ground. If wire is OK, replace the Horn Relay.
Wow! That'* a lot of troubleshooting for a horn. It looks like fuse 4 in the relay center which is below and to the right of the glove box. I believe the fuses are as follows: