I finally figured out how to get it unlocked. This is going to come in useful in repairing LOOSE pins on other connectors. More about that later. I will also post some pix, etc., that might remove the mystery for somebody else.
If you missed it above, it was a broken (green) wire at pin 5 of the actuator plug.
Anyway, it is working like a champ now.
Believe it or not, my wife told me she has not had AC like this in 2-3 years! We thought it was out of freon all this time, until I drove it last week. Now my wife will never let loose of her Red Sled.
- -I ended up cutting some of the duct, but stopped shy of cutting through the defroster feed pipe that goes across the bottom.
-I used my Dremel with a cutter bit, which worked great. Took section out in 2 pieces; front section and then the back section.
-You still need the arms and hands of a small child to get in there. Quite thankful I didn't have to take the actuator out. But it made it easier to remove the front screw in the programmer.
Getting too old for this.
1993 Red SSE - Bone-Stock except for High Perf. Power Antenna-Original Owner. Less than 130K - Love of my Wife
'05 Magnum R/T Hemi - Bunches of classic VW Beetles... and one "not quite stock."