Yes, Willwren posted a lot of information about an override on his 93 and many built upon it. However many have asked lately how do you go about doing this mod. I took some time and beers out tonight and did the mod w/tons of pics for your reading pleasure.
Project time about 45 minutes, Project dfficulty 4 beers, Project hold ups: finding cutoff wheel for dremel tool
Ok, there'* a few things we need for the project before we start.
1. Wire (approximately 6 feet
3. Connection method (I soldered and heat shrink tubed)
4. Wire coat hanger
5. Electrical tape
Depending on switch location you need more wire or special cutting tools.
I started off deciding where to run the wire. Willwren used an existing tranny temp grommet that is an add on by him. I wanted something that wouldn't leak and was existing for all. I chose (thanks Cfoote) the hood release cable grommet
Then take and cut the end off the coat hanger, and gently feed it through up against the cable. Don't use excessive force. It should go pretty easy. Lucky for us, my coat hanger was white.
Pushed about 18 inches into the grommet and decide to go look in the car. I got lucky the hush panel didn't need to get moved to find the hanger. (I dropped the panel to route the wire)
You then bend the hanger sharply and tie the wire onto it.
Electrical tape over it to ensure it doesn't catch on anything
Go to under hood and gently and slowly guide the coat hanger back. You should get a hanger and a wire. I got it first try. (ps..I've run wires like this before)
Then refer to FSM for relay positioning and do not take anything for granted. Check wire colors with FSM.
Compare your maxifuse relay center area to FSM and remember you don't have 2 blower relays because you have ECC.
Using a small screwdriver push down on the tab holding the relays into the center and release both high and low speed. We are checking wire color and adding a wire. In my case the ground from the PCM to high speed relay is a blue wire. That is the wire I needed to tap into. With any project you should test first. Yes, I saw ground with the A/C on, and nothing with it off. This is my wire. I then ran a short piece of wire and grounded it. Yes, success.
Solder my newly run wire onto it. Then electrical taped very well to seal it.
Ok..done out here, but just in case...don't button anything up. I put the relays back into the center and went inside the car.
With my spool of wire still in tact I chose my switch location and wired my switch to test it. (I found a nice ground under the center console.)
Tested my switch before cutting anything. Yes, works good. Then I cut and mounted my switch.
I wanted a non obvious spot and happed to use a fog light switch I picked up at a junkyard. And here it is again in the side of my console.
Tested again and it works good. Time to go put the maxifuse cover back on and close the hood.