1. Remove the strut tower bar.
2. Remove the 3 strut to body nuts from the top of the strut tower.
3. Jack up and support the car, remove the wheel.
4 The knuckle must be retained after the strut to knuckle bolts have been removed. Failure to observe this may cause ball joint or halfshaft damage.
5. Remove the strut to steering knuckle bolts.
6. Carefully remove the strut assembly from the car. When removing the strut, be careful to avoid chipping or cracking the spring coating when handling the front suspension coil spring.
During assembly, tourqe the upper strut mount nuts to 18 ft lbs. Strut to knuckle bolts for a 92 should be 140 ft lbs.
If none of this helps, and you did it this way, try compressing the strut, or turning the steering knuckle. If THAT doesn't work, pull it all apart, and make sure you have the parts in order from top to bottom:
upper spring seat (make sure it'* turned the right way....it'* wedge-shaped and this may be your problem)
strut bumper (this could be cocked in the spring seat)
You may have to compare to the other side. I'm assuming you're doing BOTH FRONT struts. Am I right?