Cooling fan circuit explanation
Okay... As many of you know I am having issues with my 96 SE'* fans not coming on unless the A/C is on. What I am trying to understand is how they operate. I have read numerous posts on cooling fan issues but none seemed to get into how they work.
There are two fans. A large and a small.
1. Do they always come on at the same time?
2. I see in the diagram they are wired to the TPS. Why? Is that a shared ground?
3. What dictates the high and low speed? Climate control position, coolant temperature and vehicle speed?
4. The two resistors on the large fan are to cut the voltage to allow the fans to run on low speed?
5. Would I be correct to assume that everything shown on the diagram is part of the circuit?
Side note: I changed the ECT sensor and both fan relays.
*** Moved from Chat - Kevin ***
Last edited by QuickLTD; 05-02-2009 at 02:41 PM.