After the second mug of coffee I did what wife should have done last night. Phoned BCAA and had the car towed home. No charge.
I started with fuses, took them out one at a time checked and cleaned them. Don't know which one (or more) that was the culprit but when I was finished and brushed up against the seat buttons, the car tried to kill me again.
Everything works now, so it must have been a fuse not making proper contact. I wouldn't think that one fuse would cause all the problems though. Since I didn't think to check things after each fuse, I stil don't know which one it was.
NOW I can take the car for a drive and play with the scan tool.