Originally Posted by Technical Ted
Looks like the three holes you already drilled are well centered. As long as you use a large enough drill you should be able to drill the head off without enlarging the hole in the control arm. When drilling hardened material slower speeds will work better than fast.
The new bolts that came with the ball joints are probably close to 1/2" thick on the threads, probably a little less. I chose the smaller drill bit since it'* the only one I could find laying around my brother'* place, and smaller is better than larger. I did center them well, I was happy with that
There are two holes on the underside of the control arm (you can see them in the pics) that are not used for anything. They are actually a perfect size for the new bolts, so I think I will definitely try the sawzall, but if I find a drill bit to fit those holes in the CA I may give that a shot too.
Also, when I bolt up the new ones, I am going to have the nuts for the bolts on the TOP side of the control arm. I'm assuming this is the best way to install them, though no directions came with the new b-joints.