Originally Posted by Nytro67
If i would have came here sooner, i could have probably saved 369.00 (part and install) by cleaning the connectors!
Frankly, I didn't even _clean_ them; I just took it apart and put it all together again, and that did the trick.
I think next time I might get a little more scientific about it and maybe wipe a thin film of Vaseline on the pins, but I'm talking a _really_ thin film, by rubbing it into my fingers first, then wiping my fingertips on the pins, and even then I don't think I'd go to the trouble unless it was a pin connection with a history of going bad. (e.g. I had some edge connectors in an old Bonneville factory stereo/CB-radio in a '78 Bonne that would go bad about every 18 months or so...)