Originally Posted by markmcirish
I just recently started having this problem and am not sure what it could be...ign switch possibly?? The car runs great untill I go to turn. When I turn the bicker on (left or right) the car goes dead. as if the key is being turned to the off position.I can turnt he switch off and it starts with no problems.
Um, first of all, start using hand signals for all your turns...
I really think surgery is going to be needed here. It seems like you've got a wiring issue inside the steering column, and I think it'* something more than just a loose wire, because the turn-signal wiring comes a lot higher up the column than the ignition switch (not to mention that they're really independent circuits), and yet somehow either the turn-signal _lever_ or the circuits that it controls are managing to kill the ignition.
1) Is this a definite connection between the two? i.e. _Anytime_ you signal a turn, the engine will die? Is there any kinda-sorta here? e.g. It only _sometimes_ does this, or it only _stumbles_ but maybe doesn't totally stall, etc.?
2) Do you have an aftermarket security system of any kind on the car?
3) Have you had any other wiring work done recently inside the car?
4) Is this a tilt column or a fixed one?
5) Anything else inside the car that'* not working?