'94 SSE Parasitic Short
I have a parasitic short in my '94 SSE bonne and was wondering if there are some main areas I should look at with my ohm meter. If I leave my car sit for a week and then try and start it, there isn't enough amps in the battery to turn the car over. The parasitic load is sucking the battery dry. If I drive it every day it is ok, because the parasitic load needs about a week to drain the battery down. Battery is only a week old. Terminals are clean. Alternator tested ok and is only 1 1/2 years old. I started to notice this problem about 2 1/2 months ago. I live in Fargo, ND so I need all the cold cranking amps I can get. I have unplugged the load leveler about 2 months ago because I know that it will run when car is not running, but I let the car sit over Xmas for a week and still have the parasitic load. I have noticed that "low coolant" light started to come on around the same time I began to experience this parasitic short. Coolant is good for 35 below, nice green color, full, new thermostat and radiator cap. I've also notice other weird things. My oil gauge bounces all over the place. My cruise control will sometimes cut in and out. My overhead winsheild speedometer display will go back and forth from dim to bright.